yWorks Diagrams for Confluence® is a powerful diagramming plugin for Atlassian Confluence.
It allows you to quickly generate, edit, and store high-quality renderings of flowcharts, network graphs, UML class diagrams, and other diagrams directly inside Confluence — without external tools or storage needed.
The current yWorks Diagrams for Confluence version is 2.0.2.
Please refer to the release notes to learn more about the technical requirements of this latest version.
Add Diagrams from any Page
yWorks Diagrams for Confluence uses a Confluence macro to make it easy to create and edit diagrams.
Simply use the "Add yWorks Diagram" menu option from any page.
Edit Diagrams in the Browser
Create and edit diagrams right in the browser using the plugin's Flash-based editor, hosted on your Confluence server.
Or import yEd GraphML files directly into the editor.
Learn more about the editor's features below.
Store Diagrams as Attachments
Diagrams are stored on the wiki, as attachments to the pages from which they are created.
No Extra Administration
Confluence takes care of versioning and user permissions. Moreover, all safety precautions such as backups or network security for your Confluence wiki also apply to yWorks Diagrams for Confluence.
See the plugin's editor features live in Graphity, on which it is based.
Intuitive User Interface
Editing diagrams in yWorks Diagrams for Confluence feels intuitive and comfortable thanks to:
- Menus, toolbars, and keyboard shortcuts that provide easy access to functions
- Clipboard operations and extensive undo
- Easy label placement for symbols and connections
- Flexible customization options for fonts, colors, backgrounds, and positions
Ready-to-use Diagram Elements
The editor comes with a large palette of symbols to meet a wide variety of diagramming needs including:
- business process modeling with BPMN 2.0 symbols
- database modeling with support for Crow's Foot connections
- people and computer networking themes
- standard shapes
All symbols and connections can be customized to match your exact needs.
yWorks Diagrams for Confluence can be used to automatically lay out complex graph structures. A variety of layout styles provides optimal results for diverse application areas.
- Hierarchical: emphasizes the direction of the main flow in hierarchic diagrams such as flowcharts or business process modeling diagrams
- Organic: emphasizes groupings and symmetries, ideally suited for network structures
- Orthogonal: produces clear diagrams with orthogonal connections with minimal number of crossings. Suited for data base modeling, software engineering, or UML diagrams.
- Circular: emphasizes ring and star topologies in networks. Ideally suited for network management and network visualization in general.
- Tree: ideally suited for tree-like structures such as genealogies, directories, or organization charts
In addition, edge routers allow users to optimize connections without altering symbols:
Grouping helps to simplify complex diagrams. Use grouping to unify several elements as a single symbol that can be collapsed and expanded like a folder.
Tooltips and Links
Attach additional details to symbols and connections via descriptive tooltips and functional URL links.
yWorks Diagrams for Confluence is a plugin for the Atlassian Confluence enterprise wiki platform. It uses the Confluence plugin interface to store and render diagram data and images.
yWorks Diagrams for Confluence calculates automatic layouts on the Confluence server where it is installed. The algorithms for layout calculation are part of the yFiles for Java diagramming library.