Label Editing Demo
This demo shows customizations of the interactive label editing. In particular, it shows:
- The related properties of GraphEditorInputMode.
A IEditLabelHelper that customizes label editing for individual labels
and label owners.
- Input validation.
- The Instant Typing feature that allows users to start typing immediately.
Thing to Try
Edit a selected label by pressing F2. If no label exists, a new one will be
- Add an additional label to a selected graph item by pressing Shift+F2.
Select multiple items (labels and/or label owners) and try to add or edit them by
Shift+F2 or F2, resp. Note that by default, if both labels and
other items are selected, editing a label is preferred.
- Label Creation, Label Editing
- Specifies whether adding and editing of labels is allowed.
- Hide Label During Editing
Specifies whether the label is hidden while the label editor text box is displayed.
- Instant Typing
If enabled, label text editing starts automatically when typing, without the need for
starting it explicitly.
- Custom Label Helper
Enables a custom IEditLabelHelper for node labels. This helper has the
- Each node can have at most two labels.
The first label gets a special style and is placed on top of the node. In addition,
it cannot be edited once it was created. Instead, a second label is created.
- The editing text box has a different background.
- Editable Items
- Specifies whether changing labels of nodes and edges is allowed.
Specifies whether new label texts are validated against the regular expression in the
Pattern field. The default pattern does a simple email address verification.