Graphity Diagram Editor
Graphity is a diagram editor that can be used to quickly and effectively generate drawings and to apply automatic layouts to a range of different diagrams and networks like:
- Social networks
- Computer networks
- UML diagrams
- Business process modeling diagrams
Graphity is an application for the Adobe® Flash®
Player. It can be used with any browser which has a Flash Player plugin. No installation
Please refer to the Graphity release notes to learn more about the feature enhancements of the latest version.
Graphity can be used for free and without registration directly from this web page!
Graphity makes full use of the yFiles FLEX library enabling the viewing, editing, drawing, and animation of a wide range of diagrams, networks, and other graph-like structures.
Graphity is an easy to use editor with an intuitive user interface.
- All functions are easily accessible from the menu or the toolbar.
- Keyboard shortcuts for most of the functions.
- Clipboard facility.
- Undo functionality.
- Multiple diagrams can be edited at the same time. The clipboard allows to copy elements between the different diagrams.
- The diagrams can be printed or exported as image.
- Labels can be added to all symbols and connections. Font, color, background, and the position can be customized.
Load and save
The diagrams are saved in one single file locally on your computer. Thus, you'll always retain control over your data.
A large palette offers predefined symbols for various application areas:
- business process modeling with BPMN 2.0 symbols
- database modeling with support for Crow's Foot connections
- people and computer networking themes
- standard shapes
The appearance of the symbols and connections can be further customized.
Graphity can be used to automatically lay out complex graph structures. A variety of different layout styles provides the optimal layout for different application areas.
- Hierarchical: emphasizes the direction of the main flow in hierarchic diagrams such as flowcharts or business process modeling diagrams.
- Organic: ideally suited for network structures, emphasizes groupings and symmetries.
- Orthogonal: produces clear diagrams with orthogonal connections with minimal number of crossings. Suited for data base modeling, software engeneering, or UML diagrams.
- Circular: emphasizes ring and star topologies in networks. Ideally suited for network management and network visualization in general.
- Tree: ideally suited for tree-like structures as genealogies, directories, or organization charts.
In addition, two so-called edge routers allow to optimize the connections without altering the symbols:
- Orthogonal: routes the connections orthogonal with minimal number of crossings and bends.
- Organic: routes the connections such that they don't overlap symbols (around the symbols).
Organizing by Grouping
Grouping options allow to simplify complex diagrams. Groups of elements can be reduced to one single symbol. The group element keeps its contents, comparable with a folder.
Tooltips and Links
Non-graphical information can be added to symbols and connections: descriptive tooltips and URLs which can be used to link to other web sites.
To start Graphity simply follow this link.