yEd Graph Editor
Download yEd 3.13
The current version is 3.13. To check your version, open the Help menu and choose About.
yEd for Windows
yEd installer for 32-bit Windows Vista, 7, and 8.
Includes a suitable Java 8 JRE.
For installation on Windows XP, see "More downloads..." below.
yEd for Mac OS X
yEd installer for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9. Includes its own embedded Java 7 JRE.
For installation on Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6, use the zipped file instead.
yEd for Linux
yEd installer script for 64-bit Linux systems.
yEd (executable Jar)
|Zipped yEd Jar file. Requires an installed JRE 6 or higher.|
You can also test-drive the yEd Graph Editor online!
Just click the Launch button to start the application right from your browser.
The latest release of yEd Graph Editor is version 3.13.
yEd 3.13 - Changes Since 3.12.2
New support for multi-parents in the Directed tree layout algorithm.
This enhancement to the Directed tree layout automatically recognizes and then arranges side-by-side multiple parents of a node, a structural configuration that normally is not allowed in a tree structure.
The JREs that are installed by the Windows and Linux installers have been updated
to Java 8.
Note: Since Java 8 is not supported on Windows XP, XP users should download a yEd installer without JRE.
On Mac OS X, yEd now uses its own embedded Java 7 JRE.
Note: Since Java 7 requires Mac OS X 10.7 at least, users of earlier OS X versions should download the yEd Zip archive.
- New support in the Properties Mapper dialog to import and export configurations. [Q&A 4848], [Q&A 3747], [Q&A 3575]
- Enhanced the support for non-tree graphs in the tree layout algorithms. Non-tree graphs are automatically accepted and appropriately handled.
- Added support for importing JPEG image files using CMYK or YCbCr color models into the palette. [Q&A 2491]
- Improved browser selection mechanism on Linux systems that takes into account a user's default browser configuration. [Q&A 4659]
- The GEDCOM import additionally supports an alternative, simpler node visualization style.
- Updated IconFinder communication using new request parameters.
- Made the error reporting tool more robust.
- Added sample graphs for the radial layout and the multi-parent support in the Directed tree layout algorithm.
- The Mac installer now provides a true Mac drag-and-drop installation experience.
- Several smaller improvements to the application's user interface (text in dialogs).
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: at apple.awt.CWindow.displayChangedissue on multi-monitor Mac systems running Apple Java SE 6.
- Many other bug fixes as well.