yEd Graph Editor
Download yEd 3.10.2
The current version is 3.10.2. To check your version, open the Help menu and choose About.
yEd for Windows
|yEd installer for Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8. Includes a suitable JRE.|
yEd for Mac OS X
|yEd installer for Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.8|
yEd for Linux
yEd installer script for 32-bit Linux systems.
yEd (executable Jar)
|Zipped yEd Jar file. For experts only. Requires Oracle's JRE 6 or higher.|
You can also test-drive the yEd Graph Editor online!
Just click the Launch button to start the application right from your browser.
The latest release of yEd Graph Editor is version 3.10.2.
yEd 3.10.2 - Changes Since 3.10.1
- Added a straight-line edge routing algorithm to the 'Layout' menu.
- Group nodes, both open and closed, can now be used as a selection criterion in the Select Elements... tool.
- Improved regular expression support in the Properties Mapper dialog.
- Improved feedback for error conditions when saving to YGF file format.
- Fixed issues where PDF export failed on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion) when running yEd via Java Web Start using the Oracle Java 7 JRE.
- GEDCOM import now properly handles files with blanks in their name. [Q&A 2251], [Q&A 2258]
- Corrected the enabled/disabled state of the 'Save' command.
- Corrected an issue where the end points of incident edges were not adjusted when a node was manually resized.
- When using the Select Elements... tool to select elements in the diagram, the modified/unmodified state of the diagram is no longer affected.
yEd 3.10.1 - Changes Since 3.10
- Enhanced the Properties Mapper dialog to support the built-in URL and Description properties as sources for mapping.
- The Structure View can show values of the built-in URL and Description properties also.
- Several bugs fixed, including text orientation issues with PDF export [Q&A 2139].
yEd 3.10 - Changes Since 3.9.2
- Added a new edge routing algorithm that can generate orthogonal edge paths as well as octilinear edge paths. The new octilinear style is a variation of the orthogonal edge routing style where diagonal transitions connect the horizontal and vertical segments of an edge.
- Added support for octilinear edge paths to the hierarchical layout algorithm.
- New configuration support in the properties table/properties dialog for preferred placement options and preferred rotation behavior for edge labels.
- Introduced a new edge split gesture where a node dragged from the palette and dropped onto an edge in the canvas automatically splits the edge in two and inserts the node as an intermediate stop connecting the two edges. [Q&A 123]
- Added support for scrolling the canvas using the mouse wheel. [Q&A 596]
- Enhanced the printing dialog with support for adding a footer to the print-out of a diagram.
- Enhanced the printing dialog with an option to place the header/footer on each page of the print-out of a diagram.
- The resizing behavior of nodes in a diagram when changing their width/height in the properties dialog/table is now configurable in the Preferences dialog. Options include resizing from upper left corner and resizing from center.
- A new option in the Preferences dialog configures automatic 'fit content' behavior after resizing the canvas.
- The Mac installer file is now properly recognized by Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) to come from a trusted source. [Q&A 1487]
- Lots of minor bug fixes and improvements.