yEd Graph Editor
Download yEd 3.14.1
The current version is 3.14.1. To check your version, open the Help menu and choose About.
yEd for Windows
yEd installer for 32-bit Windows Vista, 7, and 8.
Includes a suitable Java 8 JRE.
For 64-bit Windows installers or installation on Windows XP, see "More downloads..." below.
yEd for Mac OS X
yEd installer for Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
Includes its own embedded Java 8 JRE.
For installation on earlier Mac OS X versions, see "More downloads..." below.
yEd for Linux
yEd installer script for 64-bit Linux systems.
yEd (executable Jar)
|Zipped yEd Jar file. Requires an installed JRE 6 or higher.|
You can also test-drive the yEd Graph Editor online!
Just click the Launch button to start the application right from your browser.
The latest release of yEd Graph Editor is version 3.14.1.
yEd 3.14.1 - Changes Since 3.14
- The new Remove Node Overlaps tool can be used to automatically move nodes so that overlaps are removed and all nodes have a specified minimum distance.
The Hierarchical layout algorithm features new support for grid placement of nodes
Also, a new layout option provides stacked placement of nodes within the same layer.
- Many improvements related to the connection handling of the One-Click Layout plugin.
- The JREs that are installed by the Windows and Linux installers have been updated to Java 1.8.0_40.
Corrected an issue with accessibility settings on Mac OS X reported as
java.lang.ClassCastException: y.I.fB cannot be cast to javax.swing.tree.TreeNode
- Addressed several problems that could occur when printing from the print preview.
- Fixed value handling in the printing settings and export settings dialogs. Zero values and no values are gracefully dealt with now.
- Many other bug fixes as well.
yEd 3.14 - Changes Since 3.13
With the new One-Click Layout service getting a nice layout for your diagrams
has become even easier:
Just click the button in the toolbar and let this service analyze your diagram and choose an automatic layout algorithm for you that is then used to arrange your diagram. That's all!
The service takes into account a diagram's structure as well as features like edge routing styles to base its decision on.
(One-Click Layout is under ongoing development. With your feedback, we will constantly improve and update this service, independent of yEd releases.)
- The new series-parallel layout algorithm lends itself perfectly for a special group of diagrams that often arise in circuit diagrams and flowcharts.
- Added a new anonymization tool to remove any identifying information from a diagram.
- The maximum number of elements displayed in Local Views is now configurable. [Q&A 298], [Q&A 6108]
- Elements within top-level Swimlane Nodes or Table Nodes are properly displayed in Local Views.
- The JREs that are installed by the Windows and Linux installers have been updated to Java 1.8.0_25.
For Mac OS X, there are now two installers available.
One for Mac OS X 10.7 or higher (with a bundled JRE 7), the other for OS X 10.8
or higher (with a bundled JRE 8).
Note: Since Java 7 requires Mac OS X 10.7 at least, users of earlier OS X versions should download the yEd Zip archive.
- Added sample graphs for the new series-parallel layout.
Added a fix for the
sun.awt.X11.XException: Cannot write XdndAware propertyissue on Linux systems.
- Many other bug fixes as well.