yFiles for Silverlight
yFiles for Silverlight is an extensive class library for Microsoft Silverlight applications.
Its high-quality UI controls for viewing and editing diagrams allow you to automatically arrange complex graphs, diagrams, and networks with the click of a button.
Our diagramming library crafted for WPF-based applications is yFiles WPF.
For an overview of what's new in yFiles for Silverlight, please see the release notes.
The yFiles for Silverlight library enables you to create stunning diagramming applications for the Microsoft Silverlight framework. It features all essential functionality from the yFiles product family.
Powerful Graph Controls
yFiles for Silverlight provides powerful Silverlight controls that enable intuitive interaction with diagrams.
- Easily edit and handle diagrams with simple mouse gestures.
- Benefit from out-of-the-box support for zooming and panning, undo/redo, clipboard functionality, image export, and printing.
- Enjoy smooth change animations and "magnetic" guide lines for manual element alignment.
- All interaction capabilities are easily customizable to fit your specific needs.
Graph Analysis and Automatic Layout
yFiles for Silverlight provides a wide variety of graph analysis algorithms that let you tackle the most challenging analysis tasks easily.
- The suite of automatic layout algorithms includes Hierarchic, Orthogonal, and Circular layout styles to automatically yield clear and concise diagrams from your data.
- Routing algorithms optimize connection lines in existing diagrams.
- Ample configuration possibilities suit even sophisticated layout demands.
For a detailed list of features, please see yFiles for Silverlight product types.
Source Code Demo Applications
yFiles for Silverlight ships with the full source code of the following demo applications.
Technical requirements: all demos run on Windows and Mac OS with the Silverlight 5 plugin installed.
The Graph Editor demo application is a fully-featured showcase of the visualization and automatic layout capabilities of yFiles for Silverlight:
- Add, delete, move, and label nodes and edges to create a graph.
- Interact using zoom and pan, undo/redo, copy/paste, and more
- Apply layout algorithms
- Download and print graphs
The Graph Viewer demo application demonstrates user interaction possibilities such as zooming, panning, overview, and toggling additional node information.
The Organization Chart demo application shows how to create an interactive organization chart with data loaded from XML.
Business Process Diagram Editor
The Business Process Diagram demo application is an editor for business process diagrams that shows how to:
- use built-in features such as grouping, swimlanes, and drag-and-drop
- customize the look and feel of nodes, edges, and arrows
- customize edge creation, layout calculation, and input modes
- associate custom data objects with graph items
The Collapsible Tree demo application loads a tree with many nodes, whose branches can be expanded and collapsed. The nodes are rendered with custom icons that indicate their current state. After an expand or collapse operation, the graph is redrawn using a configurable layout algorithm.
The Grouped Graph demo application presents the grouping support of yFiles for Silverlight.
Group nodes can be collapsed or expanded. Whenever this happens, a new incremental layout is calculated and the graph is redrawn.
The Control Styles demo application shows how to conveniently define the visual appearance of nodes, edges, and labels using XAML.
This enables your graphic designers to interactively skin and style your application using Expression Blend, for example.
- Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web, or Visual Studio 2010 SP1 resp. Visual Web Developer 2010 Express SP1 with Microsoft Silverlight 5 Tools for software development with yFiles for Silverlight.
- Applications based on yFiles for Silverlight require the Microsoft Silverlight 5 plugin in a supported Web browser.
- yFiles for Silverlight Developer's Guide
- yFiles for Silverlight API documentation
- yFiles for Silverlight Knowledge Base, which answers many frequently-asked questions.
Commercial InformationLearn more about the terms and conditions for the commercial or academic use of yFiles for Silverlight:
For ordering information and prices, please contact: sales@yWorks.com.
Evaluate yFiles for Silverlight
You can test and experience yFiles for Silverlight with a 60-day
fully functional evaluation version.
The evaluation package features:
- unrestricted functionality of the yFiles for Silverlight library
- Visual Studio projects for more than a dozen tutorial demo applications with full source code
- yFiles for Silverlight Developer's Guide and yFiles for Silverlight API documentation in Visual Studio 2012 integrated help format
- easy installation including Desktop and Start Menu links
- convenient uninstallation support