yFiles WPF is an extensive .NET class library for Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications.
Its first-class UI controls for viewing and editing diagrams allow you to automatically arrange complex graphs, diagrams, and networks with the click of a button.
Our diagramming library crafted for Windows Forms-based applications is yFiles.NET
For an overview of what's new in yFiles WPF, please see the release notes.
The yFiles WPF library allows you to create stunning WPF diagramming applications that use the full range of possibilities provided by the Windows Presentation Foundation.
Powerful Graph Controls
yFiles WPF provides powerful WPF controls that enable intuitive interaction with diagrams.
- Easily edit and handle diagrams with simple mouse gestures.
- Benefit from out-of-the-box support for zooming and panning, undo/redo, clipboard functionality, image export, and printing.
- Enjoy smooth change animations and "magnetic" guide lines for manual element alignment.
- All interaction capabilities are easily customizable to fit your specific needs.
Graph Analysis and Automatic Layout
yFiles WPF provides a wide variety of graph analysis algorithms that let you tacklet the most challenging analysis tasks easily.
- The suite of automatic layout algorithms includes Hierarchic, Orthogonal, and Circular layout styles to automatically yield clear and concise diagrams from your data.
- Routing algorithms optimize connection lines in existing diagrams.
- Ample configuration possibilities suit even sophisticated layout demands.
For a detailed list of features, please see yFiles WPF product types.
Source Code Demo Applications
yFiles WPF ships with the full source code of the following demo applications.
The Graph Editor demo application is a fully-featured showcase of the visualization and automatic layout capabilities of yFiles WPF:
- Add, delete, move, and label nodes and edges to create a graph
- Interact using zoom and pan, undo/redo, copy/paste, and more
- Apply layout algorithms
- Load, save, and print graphs, and export graphs to images
The Graph Viewer demo application demonstrates user interaction possibilities such as zooming, panning, overview, and toggling additional node information.
The Organization Chart demo application shows how to create an interactive organization chart with data loaded from XML.
Business Process Diagram Editor
The Business Process Diagram demo application is an editor for business process diagrams that shows how to:
- use built-in features such as grouping, swimlanes, and drag-and-drop
- customize the look and feel of nodes, edges, and arrows
- customize edge creation, layout calculation, and input modes
- associate custom data objects with graph items
The Collapsible Tree demo application loads a tree with many nodes, whose branches can be expanded and collapsed. The nodes are rendered with custom icons that indicate their current state. After an expand or collapse operation, the graph is redrawn using a configurable layout algorithm.
The Grouped Graph demo application presents the grouping support of yFiles WPF. Group nodes can be collapsed or expanded. Whenever group nodes are expanded or collapsed, a new incremental layout is calculated and the graph is redrawn.
The Control Styles demo application shows how to conveniently define the visual appearance of nodes, edges, and labels using XAML.
This enables your graphic designers to interactively skin and style your application using Expression Blend, for example.
The Custom Styles tutorial shows how to easily change the look and feel of nodes, edges, and labels.
- Visual Studio 2010 or 2012 for software development with yFiles WPF
- Applications based on yFiles WPF require the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 runtime (or higher).
- yFiles WPF Developer's Guide: UI Components
- yFiles WPF Developer's Guide: Analysis and Layout
- yFiles WPF API documentation
- yFiles WPF Knowledge Base, which answers many frequently-asked questions.
Commercial InformationLearn more about the terms and conditions for the commercial or academic use of yFiles WPF:
For ordering information and prices, please contact: sales@yWorks.com.
Evaluate yFiles WPF
You can test and experience yFiles WPF with a 30-day,
fully functional evaluation version.
The evaluation package features:
- unrestricted yFiles WPF Complete functionality, including Algorithms and Viewer components
- Visual Studio projects for more than 40 tutorial demo applications with full source code
- yEd WPF, a full-fledged graph editor application, also with complete source code
- yFiles WPF Developer's Guide and yFiles WPF API documentation in Visual Studio integrated help format
- easy installation including Desktop and Start Menu links
- convenient uninstallation support