yFiles FLEX makes it easy to integrate sophisticated graph visualization and editing functionality into a rich Internet application based on Apache Flex or Adobe® AIR®.
The framework provides fully-featured Flex UI components and a comprehensive class library that enable you to draw, view, edit, and lay out complex graphs, diagrams, and networks.
Please refer to the release notes for technical requirements and an overview of what's new in yFiles FLEX.
Looking for a web-based diagramming solution?
The yFiles FLEX library enables you to create stunning diagramming applications for the Web.
Your yFiles FLEX application will look the same no matter which browser and operating system it runs in, thanks to the Adobe Flash® Player which is installed on most Internet-enabled PCs today.
Desktop Power on the Web
You will benefit from the advantages of RIAs over thin client approaches: richer user interfaces, higher responsiveness, better client/server work balance, asynchronous communication, and higher network efficiency.
yFiles FLEX offers sophisticated capabilities, from styling and animation to interaction and layout.
Easily style nodes and edges, from minor tweaks to highly customized elements based on bitmap, vector, and SWF assets.
Create and customize morphing animations between graph layouts, and add hover effects.
Easily add and customize user interaction such as creating, moving, and resizing graph items or adding tooltips and context menus.
Perform layout directly on the client, or delegate it to a server. The remote API framework provides convenience classes to facilitate communication with yFiles server components.
Easy File Import/Export
yFiles FLEX supports GraphML, an XML-based format for graph structure and style information.
yFiles FLEX is available in three different editions.
yFiles FLEX Client provides sophisticated client-side graph visualization and editing, and can be combined with the optional yFiles FLEX Client Layout Extension for client-side automatic layout.
Or for server-side layout, consider our two server bundle options: yFiles FLEX Java Server Bundle and yFiles FLEX .NET Server Bundle. Each includes the yFiles FLEX Client as well as a server component that provides state-of-the-art automatic graph layout and analysis.
Client + Server
Learn more about the yFiles FLEX product types.
The Graph Canvas demo application illustrates graph parsing, layout, navigation, and editing with yFiles FLEX.
- load GraphML files
- rearrange imported graphs using server-side automatic layout
- store additional information in tooltips and context menus (demonstrated in the IMDB-recommendation sample graph)
- discover user interaction possibilities with the aid of integrated help
The Organization Chart demo application shows how to create an interactive organization chart with data loaded from XML. Learn how to:
- use TemplateNodeStyle for complex node visualizations
- adjust level-of-detail depending on zoom
- apply a custom zoom effect
- customize the graph overview component
Business Process Diagram Editor
The Business Process Diagram demo application is an editor for business process diagrams that shows how to:
- use built-in features such as grouping, swimlanes, and drag-and-drop
- customize the look and feel of nodes, edges, and arrows
- customize edge creation, layout calculation, and input modes
- associate custom data objects with graph items
Interactive Organic Layouter
The Interactive Organic Layouter demo application shows how to perform interactive layout updates with class InteractiveOrganicLayouter.
The layouter generates continuous updates to the layout of a graph during calculation. Furthermore, it also allows a user to seemingly simultaneously perform arbitrary modifications to a graph, which are subsequently accounted for in the layout calculation.
This demo application is part of the FLEX Client Layout Extension.
The DOM Tree demo application uses the yFiles FLEX Client with a server component, and standard Flash effects, to layout and animate DOM diagrams.
- creates a tree diagram showing the DOM structure of any URL
- uses server-side automatic layout
- annotates nodes with their HTML tag type
- enlarges nodes on hover using Flash effects
Automatic Graph Layout
The Layout Module demo application presents the most important layout algorithms available with yFiles, and their configuration options.
The Grouped Graph demo application presents the grouping support of yFiles FLEX.
Group nodes can be collapsed and expanded. Whenever this happens, a new incremental layout is calculated and the graph is redrawn.
Drag and Drop
The Drag and Drop demo application shows the drag-and-drop possibilities with yFiles FLEX.
- drag elements from a palette and drop them onto the graphing canvas
- drag a group node onto the canvas, then drop other elements onto it
- double-click an element style to set it as the default for new nodes
- yFiles FLEX Knowledge Base, which answers many frequently asked questions
The data you enter will only be used to contact you.
Your message has been sent to email@example.com
Your request could not be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reload the page and try again.
If the problem persists, please report the error to email@example.com